In November of 2021, all Bellevue Public Schools Elementary, Middle, and High Schools were designated by the Nebraska State Board of Education as Purple Star Schools.
Signed into law in 2021, the Purple Star Schools Act recognizes schools committing to support the unique needs of military-involved students and families. To qualify, schools
had to commit to the following required activities:
1. Designating a military liaison
2. Maintaining a dedicated web page for military-connected students and families
3. Maintaining a transition program led by students.
4. Offering professional development for school staff related to military-connected students
5.Creating/Doing one of the following:
• Resolution from the school board showing support for military-connected families posted on the school website
• Recognize April as Military Child Month or November as Military Family Month with relevant events being held
• Partner with a local military installation to provide opportunities for service members to volunteer or otherwise be involved in the school
Bellevue is proud of our partnership with Offutt Air Force Base and our commitment to supporting the needs of over 2,400 military-connected students across the district. All twenty schools in the district have been designated as Purple Star Schools.