Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation

Top

News

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation

Top

Home > breadcrumbs: Central Elementary > breadcrumbs: News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

Central's History

Central Elementary

Est. 1955

 

Our Mission

Champions for Children

 

Our Vision

Shaping Our Future Through Engagement, Innovation, and a Culture of Belonging

 

Central Elementary School opened in 1955 to relieve overcrowding at what was then known as Main School. Central served elementary through high school students at that time.

Central was very near the middle of the city of Bellevue with its population of about 3,000 people. Central was built on the Mission Reserve, land given to the city by the Omaha Tribe. It was about halfway between the Missouri River and Bellevue's westernmost addition, Belleaire.  

To date, Central maintains its small school character, with approximately 160 students, preschool through sixth grade.

Back To Top